Summer's only just getting started and here's how you can make the most of it.
From secluded beaches, to fancy cocktails and rooftop bars, there's no excuses but to get out and make the most of the summer months.See our handpicked guides to Newcastle
1. Haven't indulged enough overt the festive season? Then you need to visit The Icky Sticky Patisserie in Lorn or The Stick Pastry Kitchen in Pokolbin.
2. Go a little Jamaican at Mumbo Jumbo’s in Terrigal
3. Go Nude Kayaking at Port Stephens
4. In need of some plants? Noraville Green at Norah Head is where you need to head.
5. Grab your snorkel and jump in at Fly Point and go swimming with the fishes.
6. Take the ferry from Port Stephens to Hawks Nest and enjoy from French fare at Tillermans
7. Comyns & Co have just opened their stunning new cellar door in the Hunter Valley, stop in and say hi to Missy and Scott and same some of their wines.
8. Hang out at Ettalong for the day, brekky Coast 175, morning coffee Lords of Pour, then make you’re way to The Box for lunch.
9. Stop for a wood-fired pizza and some Nordic themes at Valhalla Restaurant, Bob’s Farm.
10. Keep cool this summer at SPLASH Water Park, Nelson Bay.
11. The Lucky Bee at Frankies Rooftop has been the talk
of Woy Woy since opening in 2018, check out why for yourself.
12. Escape the crowds and spend the day at Kingsley Beach, while you’re there take a dip in the rock pools and have a crack at Jump Rock, just watch those tides.
13. Convince your mates to go camping at Ladies Well and chill out in the cool waters of the Allyn River.
14. One of the Coast’s newest additions, Bay Rd Brewing is bringing some quality craft beer flavours to Gosford.
15. Take in the views (see first pic) with your coffee and delicious baked goods at The Fat Goose in Killcare.
16. Go jetty jumping at Shoal Bay
17. Have a long lunch at The Boathouse Hotel, Patonga
18. Get aquainted with the muli-million dollar Brokenwood cellar door in the Hunter Valley
19. Spend the day at Long Jetty shopping, coffee hopping or even catch a movie at the old school cinema
20. For a long lunch venue, and custom-made fire pit, book into Yellow Billy Restaurant and enjoy something from the grill.
21. Explore the Central Coast coffee scene with this hit list
22. Go Dune sliding or riding at Stockton
23. Take a seat on the balcony, wine or cocktail in hand and take in those views from the Shoal Bay Country Club.
24. Shake your Bouddi around the Central Coast’s best bushwalks & camping spots.
25. For a refined riverside dining experience head to COQUUN in Maitland.
26. Set up at The Pines Camp Ground and go mountain biking, horse riding or hiking among the beautiful tall pines in the Only State Forest.
27. Take the ferry from Patonga over to Palm Beach.
28. If you’re wanting to spend an afternoon High Tea’ing you have to try Ducks in the Field at Morpeth.
29. For some gin tasting take a drive to Allworth and park yourself at the bar of The Farmer’s Wife Distillery
30. Grab your SUP and paddle out to Snake Island on the Hawkesbury.