Things to do in Newcastle when it's raining
Whether it's warm wintery meals, a cheeky cocktail or some world-class art exhibitions, there's plenty to keep you busy.
1. Start with some vintage shopping, Maitland Road Islington is the place for all things vintage and pre-loved, Hide and Seeker and Stoned Saint Moon are must-visits. Followed by a coffee at the cosy Suspension.
2. Take a drive to Beresfield and check out Maltnhops Brewhaus, a brand new craft brewery. Currently offering free delivery within 20km of the brewery for orders over $100. Enter the code LOCAL in the car to redeem.
3. If you're after some entertainment with dinner then try Fukusui Teppanyaki at Warners Bay. Just one tip, don't wear your Sunday best as it gets a little messy.
4. Never tried a Taiwanese bao bun? These soft, fluffy buns are the bomb, and Bao Brothers have two convenient locations - Charlestown Square and Stockland Greenhills.
5. Perhaps Ramen's more your thing. SUSURU on King Street is the Ramen King of Newcastle and they even home deliver.
6. Get active with hot yoga; Yoga Body Works and Yoga Loft both offer these hot little classes on their schedule. Make sure you book your place before attending – with COVID restrictions bookings are essential.
8. Warm-up with tea and scones at one of these High Tea experiences.
9. Stay snuggled up in bed and order some delicious takeaway from some of your fave restaurants.
11. Take the dog to the pub for lunch. Why not? Dogs get cabin fever too.
13. Indulge yourself with a boozy champagne breakfast at The Autumn Rooms!
15. Warm-up with an indulgent dessert at Coco Monde on Darby Street.
16. Get ready to putt your stuff because Holey Moley is open in Charlestown. A fully licensed bar with a themed 18 hole mini-golf course!
18. Get bowling and arcade gaming at Dullboy's Social Co in Warners Bay.