20 Things To Do In Newcastle When It's Raining
Whether it's warm wintery meals, a cheeky cocktail or some world-class art exhibitions, there's plenty to keep you busy.
1. Start with some vintage shopping, Maitland Road Islington is the place for all things vintage and pre-loved, Hide and Seeker and Stoned Saint Moon are must visits. Followed by a coffee at the cosy Suspension.
2. Take a drive to Beresfield and check out Maltnhops Brewhaus, a brand new craft brewery.
3. If you're after some entertainment with dinner then try Fukusui Teppanyaki at Warners Bay. Just one tip, don't wear your Sunday best as it gets a little messy.
4. Never tried a Taiwanese bao bun? These soft, fluffy buns are the bomb and Bao Brothers on Hunter Street is the place to get them.
5. Perhaps Ramen's more your thing. SUSURU on King Street is the Ramen King of Newcastle and they even home deliver.
7. Maybe try a new indoor sport. Like swimming at The Forum or Balance, play at the Ninja Parc Cooks Hill (both adults and kids over 8) or skate or scoot at Parrey Indoor Skatepark Cardiff (bookings essential).
8. Have you been to Quill & Compass on Darby Street yet? Pop in for a unique Bloody Mary and live Honky Tonk tunes.
9. Warm up with tea and scones at one of these High Tea experiences.
10. Stay snuggled up in bed and order some delicious takeaway from some of your fave restaurants.
12. Take the dog to the pub for lunch. Why not? Dogs get cabin fever too.
13. Get Winter ready with a lap of Darby Street. Take a browse through some of the unique boutiques. Scout, Abicus, Ramjet, High Tea With Mrs Woo are a few of the highlights and most definitely drop into Blooms on Darby.
14. Climb the Christ Church Cathedral and catch some of Newcastle’s best views, between the raindrops. It's a good workout too!
15. Indulge yourself with a boozy champagne breakfast at The Autumn Rooms!
16. For a bit of culture, visit one of Newcastle's many art galleries. Newcastle Art Gallery, Cooks Hill Art Gallery, cstudios Art Gallery, and The Lockup just to name a few.
17. Warm up with an indulgent dessert at Coco Monde on Darby Street.
18. Head to The Press for a strong coffee, slice of cake and enjoy the books or a puzzle.