Support local this Christmas and get your food and drink goods delivered
Christmas is just around the corner and so is the food prepping for the festive season! So, rather than doing a dash at the big grocery chains, support local and get your hands on some of the best produce from around the Hunter region with The Milkman’s back.
Brought to you by local couple and passionate foodies, Pete and Carmel, The Milkman’s Back officially launched in 2019 with hopes to bring back those fond memories and traditions of yesteryears when families and communities knew the milkman by name.
“We wanted to ensure that the customers received the freshest produce possible to really highlight the benefits of supporting local,” Pete said.
Since its inception, the brand has organically grown its customer based and continually brought new brands and products to their range.
“We commenced with Udder Farm milk with the unique option of glass bottled milk, just like the good old days!”
So, what can you get your hands on?
- Udder Farm – Fresh jersey milk, cream, butter, yoghurt, and fetta.
- Wollombi Road Providores – Fresh fruit and vegetables.
- Binnorie Dairy – Cheese.
- Murrels Beef Jerky & Butcher – All cuts of beef, pork, lamb, chicken, hams, and salamis.
- Kurri Hot Bread – Sliced bread, pies, cakes, and slices.
- Fawks Kitchen & Bakery – Sourdoughs, sweet treats, baguettes, and banana bread.
- Little Hill Farm – Eggs, chickens, and honey.
- Lillino’s Bar & Trattoria – Fresh pasta, pizza, and lasagne.
- Norco Milk – Milk and dairy products.
- Tar 10 – Sauces, jams, relishes, and condiments.
- The Provedores – Pantry needs.
- Brookfarm – Cereals and nuts.
- Kind Earth Coffee – Freshly roasted coffee beans and teas.
“So, our current structure is picking up all the products ordered in the morning, direct from our farmers & suppliers in the Hunter & delivering them to the customers that afternoon/evening. The customers really taste the difference & now truly support the local produce.”
As Christmas approaches, each of The Milkman’s Back suppliers have added something special to their dedicated Christmas menu. Including hams, roasts, cheese platters, special fruit & veg boxes, sweet treats, mince tarts, seafood and even wine!
“The growth we have experienced thus far has been truly humbling. We love the personal service to each of our customers & their families, especially love the excitement the kids give back when the milkman arrives. Having 95%+ returning customers week on week, we feel like a part of their family!”
Pete and Carmel are currently delivering to over 300 homes and offices across Newcastle, Port Stephens, and Maitland each week with plans to expand their delivery areas in 2021 to include Lake Macquarie.
“Our plans for 2021 are simply to bring a taste of the valley to as many doorsteps in the Hunter as we can!”
The pair are passionate about supporting local producers and are excited to bring you milk and more, the old-fashioned away, straight to your door. So, get around this local business and get some local food and drink delivered to you and make your Christmas lunch a local one this year.