The self-guided wine-tasting experience Urban Wine Walk returns to Newcastle
Innovative next-gen local wine producers, from local and interstate wineries, will be making their way to Newcastle’s leading venues, transforming them into urban cellar doors. It's all happening as part of Urban Wine Walk, where you're invited to discover new wine in a fun, self-guided format.
How exactly does it work?
Urban Wine Walk operates just like a traditional wine tour of cellar doors -
- Roll into Venue #1, sip on a selection of wine tastings,
- Toddle off to try different varieties at the other earmarked venues.
The best part is, a pair of sturdy shoes is all you’ll need to tackle the (not so vast) “region” of downtown Newcastle, where all venues are within walking distance of each other!
Newcastle’s cracking “wine-up” puts the focus onto regional NSW producers, with the best and brightest in NSW gathering in Newcastle for a day of wine discovery.
This year's highlights included:
- The chance to sip on Italian varietals from Mudgee’s First Ridge at The Great Northern Hotel,
- Hitting up tropical tiki rum bar Blue Kahuna to taste test drops from cult Cairns winemakers Konpira Maru (former Young Gun Winemakers of the Year!)
- Popping into Bartholelmew's to enjoy Agitate Wines' natural sparkling made off high altitude vineyards in the Hunter,
- Dirt Candy, a small-batch, boundary pushing husband-and-wife winemaker team from the Hunter, on site at the Clarendon Hotel, and
- Family-owned Pokolbin winery John Wallace Wines pouring at MEET.
Urban Wine Walk
Where: Newcastle CBD
When: Returning 2024
Tickets: $75 plus booking fee. Visit the website to keep up-to-date with Urban Wine Walk.
Each ticket includes three complimentary tastings per producer, a $10 voucher to put towards lunch at your starting venue, plus a cool $25 voucher to use when ordering a six pack of wine from one of the winemakers which of course is delivered to your door post event.