Have your travel plans have been cancelled, again?! Book in a staycation
If going on holidays seems to have become a long-lost memory, we’re here to help with some local holiday inspo.
It’s more than possible to arrange yourself the most incredible midweek or weekend escape, without all the cancellation hassles, and with check in for Newcastle and Hunter locals just over an hour away you can actually live out your vacay dreams.
Since launching in 2018 Bannisters Port Stephens has brought its trademark barefoot luxury right to our doorstep. Whether you take the Paperbark, Ocean Deck or Studio room option it’s all about relaxing, book or mag in hand whilst taking in the calming water outlook of Salamander Bay and getting acquainted with the local wildlife.
When it comes to the eating and drinking you have everything at your doorstep with Bannisters Port Stephens having a menu for all palates and budgets.
DINING ON YOUR DOORSTEP
Staying true to celebrity chef Rick Stein’s motto of ‘fresh seafood, simply cooked’, Bannisters Port Stephens has been put on the map as a must for any seafood lover. The team at Rick Stein at Bannisters leverage the relationship they have with the local fishermen to bring the best of the freshest seafood to the plates of their guests! Prefer Mediterranean-inspired cuisine & Margaritas?
Toli’s at the Terrace Bar overlooking the azure waters of the infinity pool is the place to go. If a friendly charm enjoyed by locals is more fitting to your vibe, head downstairs to the Cheeky Dog and enjoy live tunes, a hearty pub meal, cocktails, or a schooner of their very own Cheeky larger.
GET TO KNOW PORT STEPHENS
Want to get out and explore the Port Stephens area you are spoilt for choice, here are our hot tips;
- Catch those incredible Humpback Whales as they head south to Antarctica on either the Moonshadow Cruises, Imagine Cruises, and Envision.
- Take a walk up Tomaree Mountain.
- Head into Nelson Bay for a spot of shopping at the many local boutiques.
- Hire a SUP and head out for a paddle on the calm and always inviting waters at Shoal Bay.
- Take the ferry from Nelson Bay across to Tea Gardens for a relaxing day out.
- If day spas are more your style, book into Spa Bannisters for a little pampering, you deserve it!
There’s no time like the present to take a bit of time out, there is a range of packages on offer at the moment, to view click here.