Gear up for all things Volkswagen at Volksfest
Fans of Volkswagens old and new were excited this September, as the inaugural Volksfest came to Lake Macquarie.
Volksfest brought the community of Volkswagen-lovers together with this family-friendly festival in Swansea.
The festival celebrated 70 years of Volkswagen in Australia with a classic car showcase, exclusive car cruises, markets, live entertainment, food trucks, and more.
Volksfest Australia committee member Scott Young was excited for car enthusiasts from far and wide to descend on Swansea for Volksfest.
“The festival is all about providing something new and unique for the Volkswagen car scene in Australia, and making it a celebration that the whole family can come along and enjoy,” he said.
There was plenty on offer across the weekend. Some of the festival highlights included:
- Classic car showcase: admire an array of classic and modern Volkswagen vehicles, from iconic Beetles and Kombis to Amaroks and Golfs, including a Show and Shine competition
- Exclusive VW car cruises: cruise through Lake Mac in your Volkswagen in a convoy, including a VIP experience at the personal hangar of renowned air racing and aerobatic pilot, Matt Hall
- Swap meet: got some ‘rusty gold’ to trade, or automotive collectibles you’d like to swap? The swap meet at Volksfest was the place to be
- Market stalls: shop a huge range of bespoke market stalls, with everything from fashion and homewares to art and memorabilia
- Gourmet street food: enjoy flavours from across the globe, with German sausages, dumplings, Turkish kofta, loaded hotdogs, waffles, and more
- German-style beer hall: Central Coast Kombi Keg and Newcastle Distilling Co were pouring the drinks in the beer hall
- Family fun zone: interactive activities, games, and entertainment for kids of all ages
- Live music: a diverse range of musicians added to the lively ambience of Volksfest across the weekend.
When: Returning 2024
Where: Swansea Lakeside Holiday Park, 1 Dobinson Dr, Swansea
More information: For further festival details, visit the Volksfest website.