Get amongst this local kindness project
We all love a little good news story at the best of times, but during this lockdown, a little kindness goes a long way and when we heard about The Posy Post and their lockdown kindness project, we knew we had to share the love.
Local flower delivery service, The Posy Post, has been delivering their floral goodies to people across Newcastle, Lake Macquarie, Maitland, and the Central Coast ever since its inception.
Whilst they’ve become a household name with their daily posies available in three sizes, the team are always looking at ways to bring a little more love into people’s lives.
With Newcastle heading into lockdown a few weeks back, The Posy Post crew saw this as an opportunity to not only give back to their adoring customers, but to inject a lot of love, happiness, and kindness into the community.
“Basically, it's a competition on our social media sites, where you can tag a posy pal to win yourself and them a posy! We announce new winners every day, so we can spread as much sunshine, happiness, and good vibes as possible during these times,” Brooke shared.
The simple, yet ever so sweet project is a way to let your close ones know that you’re thinking of them during lockdown.
“The best thing is that we get to read the sweetest messages being shared, so even if they don’t win a posy, the most beautiful, heartfelt messages are being sent to their friends and family.”
So, how exactly does it work?
“We literally have had thousands of comments with messages of love, kindness, support, and positivity of each daily post and I love being able to unexpectedly make someone’s day.”
Brooke shared just a handful of the cute stories that have already come out of this kindness project
- We had a posy go to a lady and her neighbour. It was her 90th birthday and she lives by herself.
- We delivered a Kindness Project Post, and the lovely lady gave our delivery drivers a box of chocolates; so lovely of her.
- We delivered a posy to a mum whose daughter hasn’t been able to visit her for over a year.
- We’ve had so much praise for essential workers and lots of messages directed to working mums and home schooling parents.
- One lady gave up her posy to send to another friend because she needed it more.