Love to eat + drink + get active and live on the Central Coast? We want to hear from you...
Job Description: Freelance Journalist
Position Type: Casual
Location: Central Coast
Since 2013 HUNTERhunter. has been keeping locals informed on all the must-know eats, drinks, event, and lifestyle news throughout the Newcastle, Hunter Valley, Central Coast and Port Stephens regions.
About this Opportunity
We are looking for a freelance journalist to join the HUNTERhunter. team and assist us to build our footprint on the Central Coast. Reporting to the Director you will be responsible for seeking out and proposing content suggestions, liaising with clients and arranging photoshoots, producing content, as well as creating branded editorial pieces. See yourself in this role... read on!
Qualifications & Experience
- You will have proven superior writing skills, ideally supported by a Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Marketing, Media or Communications
- You will have a strong knowledge of the Central Coast and love being across all the latest openings, best places to eat & drink, and the best things to do in the area.
- You love to learn and are looking to be part of a great team that is highly driven, curious, and has a passion for small business and their stories.
- Experience in developing engaging content
To be considered for this role, you’ll need:
- Must be located on the Central Coast
- Effective time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to work as a team member and autonomously
- A good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite – Word, Excel.
- Knowledge of the digital landscape
- Ability to operate in a small team environment, contributing positively to the operations and working relationships
- Unrestricted driving licence and suitable vehicle for the role.
What's in it for you?
- Flexible working hours
- Casual position with potential to grow
- Working remotely - you can work from home or anywhere within the Central Coast
- Phone allowance
- Motor vehicle allowance
- AND you’ll always know where the best latte, croissant, cocktail and vino can be found!
To apply for this role, please forward your application, including covering letter, resume and two professional referees to: -
Applications close: Friday 9 July 2021