The eco focused market is back at Speers Point Park | 23 Aug
Look who’s back! Beat the Winter and iso blues with a #covidsafe visit to Homegrown Markets this Sunday 10-2 at Speers Point Park.
Local markets are among the top of what we’ve been missing these past few months, but fret no more… Newcastle’s only eco-focused market is back! Homegrown celebrates all things sustainable, earth-friendly and handmade, with 80 stallholders from Newcastle and surrounds.
With wide-open spaces, plenty of parking, and a sunny weekend forecast, Homegrown’s first market back is set to dazzle.
Pick up some sweet treats from Choux Patisserie, feed your indoor plant addiction at Lomalagi Landscape, Fancy Plants or The Leafy Hollow, and swoon over design, homewares, and natural skincare from the many talented stallholders. From 10-12, soak up the sweet tunes of Lachlan Edwards, followed by local musician Lily Humphreys from 12pm-2pm. There will be plenty of hot food options for breakfast, brunch, and lunch, then once you’ve laid on the grass to digest the yummy treats, consider walking or biking along the lake to Warners Bay.
Here’s what you need to know about staying #covidsafe at Homegrown Markets this Sunday.
- Keep your physical distance with others, with a healthy 1.5m between people when wandering the market and waiting in line.
- There will be two entry and exit points at the Park on Sunday – please only use these entry and exit points.
- Hand sanitiser will be available at entry and exit points, as well as throughout the market at other locations and individual stalls.
- There will be no “seating” provided in the market area, so please bring a blanket and enjoy your lunch lakeside.
- All stalls will have a maximum capacity poster to ensure their own safety, so please be aware of these and wait outside the stall for entry when there is enough space.
- Most importantly, if you’re feeling unwell, please stay at home! Homegrown will be back next month, so you can get your eco-handmade product and delicious market snack fix then!
Please respect individual stallholders, their capacity, and safety practices. Each stallholder has completed a COVID safety plan through the NSW Government.
Homegrown Markets is family-friendly, puppy-friendly, and bursting with good vibes. See you (at a safe distance!) on the weekend…
Where: Speers Point Park
When: 23 August | 10am-2pm
More Info: click here