The eco focused market is back at Speers Point Park | 25 Oct
Photography courtesy by Andžs
Homegrown Markets return to Lake Mac this Sunday. You’ll find all the market magic at Speers Point Park from 10am til 2pm. Organisers, Lauren and Lewis have worked hard to ensure the market is Covid-safe and bursting with good vibes for everyone. Make sure to follow along on Instagram and Facebook for all the updates, including how to have fun at a safe distance this weekend.
Where: Speers Point Park
When: 25 Oct | 10am-2pm
More Info: click here
Please check back here or on Homegrown social pages for any changes made due to weather. Here’s five reasons to spend your Sunday at Homegrown Markets…
1) Spending your day strolling the stalls, meeting the lovely makers and supporting small businesses, just gives off goooood vibes! When you make a purchase from a stall holder, yes - they do a happy dance, but you do too! You’ve got an exciting, new purchase and you’ve supported another family in your local community #winning
2) Speers Point Park is HUGE! Not only does this mean the market is well spread out, there’s also heaps of surrounding space for you to enjoy your lunch whilst being able to safely physical distance from others. Markets are the perfect covid-safe shopping experience, outdoors in the fresh air, whilst still getting to see products in person.
3) Obviously, the delicious food, snacks + sweets are a reason to head to the markets in their own right. There will be heaps of yummy breakfast + lunch options (we’re talking pizza, thai, mexican & so much more) and plenty of choices to treat your sweet tooth, like Covered in Crumbs, Wonderland Kitchen, The Muffin Mob, Choux Patisserie… you will seriously be spoilt for choice!.
4) There’s nothing quite like to listening to live music by the lake on a beautiful Sunday afternoon. Homegrown always has a curated line up of local musicians so you can sit back, relax and just end the weekend right.
5) The day is just exploding with positivity and community spirit, you will literally absorb the Homegrown market magic. The stall holders get to share the excitement of their creations, the kids get to run wild on the massive playground, the view of the lake is next level. It’s a fantastic day for all, whether you’re solo on a shopping mission, having a cruisey arvo with gal pals or bringing the whole fam along for a day out, we’re sure you won’t be disappointed.
Homegrown’s condition’s of entry
To keep Homegrown Markets #covidsafe and to keep our community safe please adhere to the following
- maintain physical distance (1.5m) with others
- use hand sanitiser regularly
- STAY HOME & get tested if you’re feeling unwell
- follow queue instructions & respect individual stall holder guidelines relating to touching products etc
- wear a face mask (encouraged but not compulsory)
Remember – if you’re not feeling well, please stay at home! Face masks are encouraged but not compulsory, regular hand sanitising is a must and remember to respect social distancing rules for each stallholder. Hot tip: afternoons are quieter than the mornings at the markets if you would like to avoid some of the busy-ness!
Homegrown Markets is family-friendly, puppy-friendly, and the perfect day out. See you (at a safe distance!) on the weekend...