Have you been SLURPING yet?
All your Ramen dreams came true when SUSURU opened its doors.
So have you experienced SUSURU yet?
No? Then it's time you took a seat in the ultra-white King St space and got ramening! (it's a word).
If you’re a complete Ramen virgin there are a few things you should know before you arrive, like.
- It’s completely ok to get messy, that is with your food, not your booze. Ramen is meant to be slurped so chances are whatever you’re wearing is going to get ramened.
- This is the one restaurant where SLURPING your meal is completely acceptable.
- There are 7 flavours to choose from and whilst at first glance they may look a little similar they each have their own very distinct flavours and textures.
- Tonkotsu, Shio, Shoyu, Miso, Tantanmen and Tsukemen you won’t be the first person to mess them up.
- The ingredients are fresh. SUSURU produce everything in-house, nothing pre-prepared or instant in these bowls, which of course results in a unique Ramen flavour. The definition of ‘authentic ramen’ is elusive.
- There's more to SUSURU then its Ramen menu, there's a whole range of Gyoza to choose from including the Banoffee and Apple Pie for the sweet tooth.
- There’s always something new on the menu and this month it’s the Lemon Lime & Pepper ramen.
If you haven’t been ramified (this isn't a word) yet, now's the time.