Exclusive access to Hawkesbury River nature reserve this August and September
Nestled in tranquil Australian bushland on the sparkling Hawkesbury River, Marramarra Lodge is the ultimate city escape, combining luxury accommodation and wild beauty seamlessly. Just an hour north of Sydney, the all-inclusive lodge caters to just 28 guests and is accessible only by private boat, seaplane or helicopter.
One of the Hawkesbury Rivers most exclusive stays, Marramarra Lodge offers guests another rare opportunity this spring, with limited guided tours inside Muogamarra Nature Reserve, a largely unexplored wilderness usually closed to the public. The 23 square-kilometre reserve is located across the river from the lodge and possesses incredible Aboriginal cultural heritage and fragile ecosystems, with more than 900 plant species and prolific native wildlife found here.
To protect these unique features, the reserve is open to the public just six weekends a year – and only those who have pre-booked a guided tour are allowed access.
Marramarra Lodge has teamed up with National Parks to offer its guests exclusive packages including guided tours in August and September 2022, when the reserve is at its most beautiful, blanketed in spring wildflowers such as waratahs, banksias, pink boronias and native orchids. Guests will also view Aboriginal rock carvings, take in the striking landscape of sandstone plateaus and the mighty river, and may even spot echidnas, lyrebirds or soaring wedge-tail eagles.
Join the rare few who get to witness these extraordinary wildflowers and the beauty of Muogamarra Nature Reserve this year, while enjoying the unrivalled luxury of Marramarra Lodge. With just four package tours dates available to guests, early bookings are essential.
Both packages are all-inclusive of gourmet breakfasts, light lunches, degustation dinners and beverages, a fully stocked mini bar, and a Champagne and Oyster Cruise. See below:
Spring Wildflower Walk, Muogamarra Highlights (including 2-hour guided tour)
- Sunday 4 September – Tuesday 6 September
- Sunday 11 September – Tuesday 13 September
*Tour to Muogamarra Nature Reserve will operate on the Tuesday
Hawkesbury Bungalow $1,630 per person, based on two people sharing
Peninsula Tent $1,830 per person, based on two people sharing
Muogamarra Wildflower Walk, Lloyd Trigg and Deerubin Loop (including 4-hour guided tour)
- Wednesday 31 August – Friday 2 September
- Wednesday 14 September – Friday 16 September
*Tour to Muogamarra Nature Reserve will operate on the Thursday
Hawkesbury Bungalow $1,685 per person, based on two people sharing
Peninsula Tent $1,885 per person, based on two people sharing
Facilities at Marramarra Lodge include:
- 8 Peninsula Tents and 6 Hawkesbury Bungalows, sleeping a maximum of 28 guests
- À la carte Budyari Restaurant, with a specially curated wine list with an Australian emphasis
- Iyora Day Spa
- Main house with lounging facilities
- Outdoor swimming pool and lounging area
- Riverside boat shed with private jetty
- Games room
The journey to Marramarra Lodge is all part of the experience, as the roads disappear and the river becomes the path to this riverside retreat.
- By car: just north of Sydney, take the Mooney Mooney exit along the M1. Free car parking is available at Deerubbun Reserve Boat Ramp where you will be collected for your boat transfer.
- Private Chauffeur Service: available to Deerubbun Reserve Boat Ramp, including Tesla option. Please contact our Reservations team for a quote.
- Sydney Seaplane: available from Rose Bay and Palm Beach direct to our jetty, the trip takes between 15-25 minutes. Please contact our Reservations team for a quote.
- Helicopter: available from Bankstown or Sydney Airport direct to the our private helipad, the trip takes 20 minutes. Please contact our Reservations team for a quote.
Scheduled boat transfers departs Deerubbun Reserve Boat Ramp, located at Deerubbun Reserve at 10:30am and 2:00pm daily. For further information and bookings for Marramarra Lodge: [email protected] or 0435 891 111