Live on the Central Coast? Do you love to eat + drink? We want to hear from you...
Job Description: Food & Lifestyle Writer
Position Type: Freelance
Location: Central Coast
Since 2013 HUNTERhunter has been keeping locals informed on all the must-know food, drink, event, and lifestyle news throughout Newcastle, Hunter Valley, Central Coast, and Port Stephens regions.
About this Opportunity
We are looking for a freelance food and lifestyle writer to join the HUNTERhunter team. You will be responsible for seeking out and proposing content suggestions, liaising with clients and arranging photoshoots, producing content, as well as creating branded editorial pieces. See yourself in this role? Read on!
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Pitch in relevant business and editorial opportunities across the Central Coast.
- Arrange meetings and interview business owners across a variety of industries.
- Editorial content to be created using desktop research, local knowledge and interviews to prepare clean, concise, and factual articles.
- Direction of editorial topic to be guided by keyword and key phrase research but also directed by local knowledge and experiences.
- Review and edit work for editorial approval.
- Ability to meet deadlines and accurately fact-check information.
- Adhere to ethics of journalism.
- Keep records of all notes, interviews, and audio files.
- Develop relationships with contacts and sources to maintain a flow of news from the Central Coast region.
Qualifications & Experience
- You will have proven superior writing skills, ideally supported by a Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Marketing, Media or Communications.
- You will have a strong knowledge of the Central Coast and love being across all the latest openings, best places to eat and drink, and things to do in the region.
- You love to learn and are looking to be part of a great team that is highly driven, curious, and has a passion for small business and their stories.
- Ideally, you'll have experience in developing engaging content for digital publications.
To be considered for this role, you’ll need:
- To be located on the Central Coast.
- Have effective time management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The ability to work as a team member and autonomously.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office + G Suite.
- Knowledge of the digital landscape.
- The ability to operate in a small team environment.
- Unrestricted driving licence and suitable vehicle for the role.
What's in it for you?
- Flexible working hours.
- Freelance position with potential to grow.
- Work from home or from anywhere within the Central Coast.
- Work with a fun and energetic team.
AND you’ll always know where the best latte, croissant, cocktail, and vino can be found!
To apply for this role, please forward your application, including covering letter, resume, and two professional referees to:
Email: [email protected]
Applications close: Friday 18 August 2023